Some of you asked for my bread recipe, so here it is.
* 10 1/2 cups of white bread flour (do not use all-purpose flour)
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 3 rounded tablespoons saf-instant yeast
* 3 tablespoons liquid lecithin
* 4 cups hot tap water
Mix dry ingredients. Add lecithin and water. Mix for 1 minute and check consistency. If dough is too dry add more water. If dough is too moist, add more flour. Mix for 5 minutes. (If you don't have a good mixer, here is where you knead the bread for 10 minutes.) Do not add water or flour to the dough after it has finished mixing. Spray counter and pans with Pam. Shape loaves and cover with a dish-towel. Let raise 25 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. This recipe makes four loaves of bread.
Some tips they gave at the class:
-You can find liquid lecithin at health food stores or I saw that they sell it online at amazon.com
- Squeeze or pour approximately 3 tablespoons of lecithin directly into the bowl. Do not measure, this stuff is extremely sticky.
-If you ever get down here to Lehi, Lehi Roller Mills supposedly has the best bread flour. These women doing the class have used all sorts of bread flour and claim it makes the best bread.
-Don't use flour when shaping your bread or rolling it out for other things. Adding flour will dry out your bread. Instead, if it starts to get sticky, use pam. (I use a ton when I'm making it especially when kneading the bread and it works great.)
- Your tap water MUST be HOT. Otherwise, it will kill the yeast.
- Your dough will look sticky - almost like cookie dough. This is good, it ensures the bread will be moist.
- Make sure you buy the Saf yeast.
- Can store dough for up to 2 days in the fridge. Just spray a bread bag with pam and put the dough in. Make sure to use within 2 days.
They have a great dvd out that helps you make all sorts of things from this one recipe. Their website: Pantry Secrets
Hope this helps some of you out - Happy bread making! :)